We Pay Cash for Lead Acid Batteries at Raleigh Metal Recycling
Tuesday, February 17, 2015
RECYCLE BATTERIES at Raleigh Metal Recycling – 2310 Garner Road, Raleigh, NC, 27610 – 919-828-5426
Raleigh Metal Recycling
2310 Garner Road
Raleigh, NC 27610
Battery Recycling is a new and growing part of what we do at Raleigh Metal Recycling. Batteries are extremely toxic to the environment when not properly recycled. Help keep North Carolina Green and BRING YOUR BATTERIES TO RALEIGH METAL RECYCLING! We buy almost all types of Batteries for Recycling.
· Lead Acid Batteries : found in Cars, Trucks, Forklifts, Computer Back ups (Pb)
· Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) Batteries : found in Cell Phones & some Computers
· Nickel Metal Hydride (Ni-MH ) Batteries : found in some Computers
· Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cad) Batteries : found in Flashlights (Batteries for general use)
For major companies we offer a pickup service and for others we have fast drive in service. All our scales are digital and we get you in and out fast.
Battery recycling is important for a couple reasons.
1. Lead Acid batteries used in most cars, UPS devices and more, have sulfuric acid in them, so they are dangerous. They can cause you to go blind and burn you severely. Also, lead itself can cause damage to your nervous system, so getting batteries out of the waste stream is important for health and safety.
2. Other batteries like Lithium and Ni-Metal Halide have what are called 'rare earth' elements and are very expensive. Also, much of them come from China and Russia, so we have to pay to import them. The less we import the better for our U.S. economy.